Apricot Granola Bars by Chef Anso Brink
Apricots add a wonderful dimension of sweetness to baked treats because they have a pungent flavour and they accentuate the sweetness without going overboard.
These granola bars are healthy and filling, so they are perfect for snacking.
- 175g butter
- 140g clear honey
- 150g demerara sugar
- 350g oats
- 1 ½ tsp cinnamon
- 85g pecans
- 255g sliced apricots
- 85g pumpkin seeds
- 85g ground almonds
- 50g sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 155°
- Line a 15x30cm frame with silicon paper.
- Melt the butter and honey, stir in the sugar.
- Cook over low heat for 5 minutes, until the sugar has dissolved.
- Bring to a boil and boil for 1-2 minutes, stirring, until the mixture has thickened into a caramel sauce.
- Mix all the ingredients together well.
- Press down very well into the prepare frame (easier to use the back of a warm wet spoon)
- Bake for 15 minutes until just beginning to brown round the edges on 155°
- Leave to cool before cutting into 5cm bars.
Get certified professional training from Capsicum Culinary Studio and master the art of Patisserie and Sugar art.