Biscotti by Chef Eoin Sheill
- 60g butter softened
- 150g brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 215g cake flour
- 80g good quality chocolate roughly chopped
- 125g nuts of your choice
- 5ml baking powder
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- Icing sugar for dusting
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius closer to the time of baking.
- Cream the sugar, egg and butter together in a large mixing bowl till the mixture starts to become a creamy white colour.
- In a separate bowl mix the remaining ingredients together till well incorporated.
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients together till well incorporated.
- Lay out a large layer of plastic wrap onto a clean work surface. Take half of your dough and place it in the centre of the plastic wrap. Push the he dough out into a rectangular shape so that it is half a centimetre in thickness. Wrap with the plastic wrap well, making sure to keep it in a rectangular shape. Repeat the process with the remainder of the dough.Place the dough in the fridge for at least 2 hours to allow it to rest.
- Grease an oven tray well & set to one side. Remove the dough from the fridge, unwrap & place onto a clean work surface.
- You will now cut the dough width ways into ‘’fingers’’ & place them onto the greased tray. Make sure to evenly space the biscuits so they don’t touch.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until golden brown. Once golden brown remove from the oven & allow to cool on the tray for two minutes. Carefully remove from the tray using a metal spatula & place onto a cooling rack.
- Once cool dust with the icing sugar.
- Store for a week in an airtight container.