By Chef Maynard
| INGREDIENTS ||UNIT ||QUANTITY |
|Flour, cake ||cup ||1 |
|Nuts, almonds, ground ||tbsp ||4 ½ |
|Sugar ||tbs ||2 |
|Salt ||tsp ||3/8 |
|Butter, unsalted ||tbsp ||7 |
|Oil, canola ||tbsp ||3 |
|Water, ice ||tbsp ||3 |
|Fresh pears ||g ||500 |
|Fresh cherries ||g ||100 |
|Lemon juice ||tsp ||2 |
|Nuts, almonds, flaked ||tbsp ||1 |
1. Weigh or lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Place flour, almond flour, 1 tablespoon sugar, and salt in a food processor; pulse to combine.
2. Scatter butter into processor; pulse until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Drizzle in oil; pulse to combine. Add ice water; pulse just until combined. Turn mixture out onto a sheet of plastic wrap; pat into a disk. Wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate 1 hour.
3. Preheat oven to 200°C.
4. Place pears in a large bowl. Sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon sugar and lemon juice; toss gently to combine.
5. Unwrap dough. Roll dough on plastic wrap into a 30cm circle. Arrange dough on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or tart tin.
6. Spoon pears and cherries onto the dough, leaving a 2-inch border. Fold edges of dough over filling to partially cover.
7. Bake at 180°C - 200°C for 35 minutes or until fruit juices bubble and crust is browned.
8. Remove from oven; sprinkle with almonds.
9. Cut into 8 - 10 wedges.
- • Spread a layer of Frangipane on the dough prior to arranging the pears and cherries. Bake at 180°C - 200°C for 35 minutes or until the crust is browned.