- 100g Baby Marrow
- 100g Red Pepper
- 100g Red Onion
- 100g Patty Pan, Yellow
- 20g Basil
- 1tsp Smoked Paprika
- 20ml Merlot
- 1tsp Brown Sugar
- 2x 340ml Canned Tomatoes
- 1tsp Garlic
- 100ml Olive oil
- Coarse Black Pepper for Seasoning
- Coarse Salt for Seasoning
- 2x Aubergine, Large
- 1tsp Turmeric
- 2x Egg, Large
- 50g Flour cake
- 100g Bread Crumbs
- 50g Goats Milk Cheese
- Fresh Pea Tendrils for Garnish
- First step would be to wash all the veg and top and tail them.
- Baby Marrow must be cut into 1cm Wheels, Red pepper must be seeded and cut into 1x 1cm blocks, patty pans must be cut into almost 1x1x1cm blocks and red onion must be cut in to 1x1cm.
- Put a medium pot on the stove at medium heat. As soon as the pot is hot add Olive oil and the cut vegetables (Half the Onions) and garlic till the vegetables are lightly browned.
- Remove from the pot and put aside.
- In the same pot deglaze with the red wine, add the other red onions and sugar to the pot and reduce.
- Blitz the Canned tomatoes, Smoked Paprika and Basil to a puree then add to the pot with the onion mixture and reduce.
- Add the vegetables to the mixture and put to low heat to cook for another 1 hour.
- The sauce should lightly cover the vegetables and the vegetables must still hold their colour and shape.
- Cut Aubergine in to fingers approximately 2cm thickness.
- Break 2 eggs and add Turmeric in and Mix vigorously.
- First season the flour Lightly, then roll the Aubergine fingers in the flour
- Dunk the Aubergine fingers then in the egg mixture
- Finnish of by covering the Aubergine fingers with Bread Crumbs.
- Shallow fry the Aubergine fingers till golden brown and crispy.
Serve by Platting the Veg Ragout at the bottom of a bowl, top with the crispy Aubergine Steaks. Add the Goats milk cheese in slices on top with the pea tendrils for garnish and colour.