Enjoy this frappe full of fruity goodness, a wonderful drink to serve at summer gatherings. Serve it together with this gorgeous Strawberry and Bocconcini Salad. This delicious salad has a wonderful contrast of flavours and textures and makes you want to close your eyes and focus on nothing else but the summer garden party going on in your mouth.
- 200 g Frozen summer berries
- 2 cups Organic Beetroot Juice
- Blend the berries and beetroot juice with 1–2 handfuls ice until thick and combined.
- Serve immediately to make the most of its granita-like consistency.
- For a decadent touch, top with a cap of Italian meringue and singe with a blowtorch before serving.
- Also, pair with basil and lemon.
Enjoy all the tastes and aromas of Summer with this amazing Salad!
- 250 g Sabrosa strawberries
- 20 g pea shoots
- 120 g bocconcini
- 12 nasturtium flowers, to garnish
- ¼ cup verjuice
- 1 Tbsp coriander, chopped
- 1 red chilli, seeded and chopped
- 1 tsp honey, a drizzle (optional)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Mix the strawberries, pea shoots and cheese in a bowl.
- Pour over the dressing (verjuice, coriander, red chilli, honey, olive oil, and sea salt and freshly ground pepper),
- toss and arrange on a plate.
- Garnish with nasturtiums.
- Pair with limes, almonds and balsamic.
Source: The Little Berry Book (Woolworths)