We are looking for the next great chef talent in South Africa!
WIN one of 6 bursaries for a one-year programme in Professional Cookery in our regional cook-off OR the ultimate national prize:
a three-year accredited QCTO Chef Programme.
- 6 Regional winners/semi-finalists: A bursary of R90 000 towards your study for a Professional Cookery programme. (Boksburg, Cape Town, Durban, Johannesburg, Port Elizabeth and Pretoria).
- 1 National winner: A bursary of R200 000 towards your study for the QCTO Chef programme (three years).
- The bursary includes a full chef uniform, ingredients and knife set.
HOW TO ENTER:
- Create a dish using a red capsicum pepper or any other red ingredient. It can be a sweet or savoury dish.
- Take a good photo and upload it on your Instagram page by using the tag #CapsicumTalent.
- PLEASE NOTE: images of your dish MUST be uploaded on Instagram with our tag and your details need to be filled in below to qualify for this competition.
- Please include any interesting facts on your dish – is it your own recipe, what do you like about it, etc.
- Like our Instagram page and share the post.
- Final date to upload your amazing red dish: 30 June 2019
15 Finalists will be chosen to participate in a cook-off on the local campus on 31 July 2019.
You will be preparing the dish that you entered on Instagram, using your own ingredients.
The winner of every campus will compete with the other 5 finalists in a national cook-off held at our Rosebank campus.
Semi-finalists from other areas will be sponsored to travel to Gauteng for the final cook-off between the 6 regional finalists.
In the final cook-off the finalists will be challenged by working with ingredients from a mystery basket.
The final cook-off will take place on Saturday 31 August.
Term's and Condition's
- The competition is open for South African citizens only.
- The recipient of the bursary must be 18 years of age or older in the year of study at Capsicum Culinary Studio (2020).
- The recipient of the bursary must be able to study in 2020. The bursary will not be carried over to the following year.
- The regional winner who wins the national competition will not receive the bursary for Professional Cookery but will win the 3-year Chef programme.
- The bursary is for study only and excludes transport and accommodation.
- This competition is NOT applicable to current culinary students.