We are looking for the next great chef talent in South Africa!
WIN one of 6 bursaries for a one-year programme in Professional Cookery in our regional cook-off OR the ultimate national prize:
a three-year accredited QCTO Chef Programme.
- 6 Regional winners/semi-finalists: A bursary of R90 000 towards your study for a Professional Cookery programme. (Boksburg, Cape Town, Durban, Johannesburg, Port Elizabeth and Pretoria).
- 1 National winner: A bursary of R200 000 towards your study for the QCTO Chef programme (three years).
- The bursary includes a full chef uniform, ingredients and knife set.
HOW TO ENTER:
- Create a dish using a red capsicum pepper or any other red ingredient. It can be a sweet or savoury dish.
- Take a good photo and upload it on your Instagram page by using the tag #CapsicumTalent.
- PLEASE NOTE: images of your dish MUST be uploaded on Instagram with our tag and your details need to be filled in below to qualify for this competition.
- Please include any interesting facts on your dish – is it your own recipe, what do you like about it, etc.
- Like our Instagram page and share the post.
- Final date to upload your amazing red dish: 31 July 2019
10 Finalists will be chosen to participate in a cook-off on the local campus on 3 August 2019.
You will be preparing the dish that you entered on Instagram, using your own ingredients.
The winner of every campus will compete with the other 5 finalists in a national cook-off held at our Rosebank campus.
Semi-finalists from other areas will be sponsored to travel to Gauteng for the final cook-off between the 6 regional finalists.
In the final cook-off the finalists will be challenged by working with ingredients from a mystery basket.
The final cook-off will take place on Saturday 31 August.
Term's and Condition's
- The competition is open for South African citizens only.
- The recipient of the bursary must be 18 years of age or older in the year of study at Capsicum Culinary Studio (2020).
- The recipient of the bursary must be able to study in 2020. The bursary will not be carried over to the following year.
- The regional winner who wins the national competition will not receive the bursary for Professional Cookery but will win the 3-year Chef programme.
- The bursary is for study only and excludes transport and accommodation.
- This competition is NOT applicable to current culinary students.