Q&A with Chef Goodness Vundla
Caprice Chocolate Mousse
Author: Capsicum Culinary Studio
Recipe type: Dessert
- 60g Liquid glucose
- 60g Raspberries pure
- 60g Sugar
- 245g Dark chocolate
- 340g Fresh cream
- 4 Eggs
- 110g Flour
- 110g Sugar
Method: For the sponge fingers
- Whisk yolks and sugar until pale colour.
- Fold in the flour.
- Whisk whites till stiff. Fold into the mix.
- Pipe flat rounds and bake at 180C for 10 minutes until golden brown.
Method: For the mousse.
- Boil the raspberries pure, sugar & glucose in the sauce pan.
- Add the chopped dark chocolate to the liquid & stir until smooth. Remove from the sauce pan and put into a mixing bowl.
- Allow to cool slightly then mix in ⅓ of the whipped cream, then fold in the other ⅔.
- Cut a disk of the sponge finger place it in the bottom of a glass or a ring mould, pour the mousse into the glass or the ring mould and place in fridge for 2 hours.