Cook up a storm at Capsicum’s Masterclasses
- 200g Dark chocolate, chopped
- 200g Butter, softened
- 1 cup Brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla essence
- 2 Eggs at room temperature
- 1 ¾ cup Self-raising flour
- ¼ cup Cocoa powder
- ¾ cup Milk
- 1 cup Walnuts
- Preheat oven to 160 °C. Grease and line a 20cm (base) round cake pan. Place chocolate into a heatproof, microwave-safe bowl. Heat on medium (50%) power for 2 minutes, stirring every minute with a metal spoon, or until smooth. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter, sugar and vanilla essence until creamy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating after each addition. Add cooled chocolate. Mix well.
- Sift flour and cocoa powder together. Fold half the flour mixture into chocolate mixture. Fold half the milk into chocolate mixture. Repeat with remaining flour mixture and milk.
- Spoon cake batter into cake pan. Smooth surface. Bake for 1 hour 15 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Stand for 15 minutes before turning onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Decorate with Walnuts