350g Cake Flour
110g Castor Sugar
20g Baking Powder
90ml Sunflower Oil
1 tbsp Vanilla essence
A 200g Punnet of blueberries
150g dark chocolate
1. Add all the dry ingredients and sugar into a mixing bowl. Make a well in the middle.
2. Mix together all the wet ingredients and add to the dry ingredients.
3. Roughly chop the chocolate into bite size pieces.
4. Beat everything together with a whisk to form a very smooth light batter and fold in the blueberries and chopped chocolate.
5. Use a tablespoon to pour some batter into a lightly greased frying pan. Do not make the batter too thick as it will take very long to cook through to the middle of the crumpet.
6. Wait for bubbles to rise to the surface before flipping the crumpet over.
7. Cook on both sides until golden brown.
8. Enjoy your Dark Chocolate and Blueberry Crumpets warm with ice-cream or fresh cream!
Don’t forget to share this Dark Chocolate and Blueberry Crumpet recipe with your friends!