Our Top 6 Gourmet Popcorn Recipes
Deboned neck of lamb with garlic and herbs recipe
Author: Capsicum Culinary Studio
- Lamb neck 1
- Salt and Pepper
- Chopped parsley 8Tbs
- Chopped fresh thyme or rosemary 1tsp
- Chopped spring onions 2Tbs
- Crushed garlic cloves 2
- Ground ginger and salt and pepper to taste ¼tsp
- To debone the lamb neck you need a thin, sharp knife. Make an incision all along the neck vertebrae on the side where the pointy bones stick out – in other words the back of the sheep. Carefully loosen the meat around the vertebrae so you end up with a flat, more or less rectangular piece of meat. (Keep the bone to use in stock for Saturday’s soup.) The meat will look a little shredded on the inside.
- Rub the inside with some olive oil, salt and ground black pepper.
- Now combine 8 tablespoons (0.5 cup) chopped parsley, 1 teaspoon (5 ml) chopped fresh thyme or rosemary, 2 tablespoons (30 ml) chopped spring onions, 2 crushed garlic cloves, 0.25 teaspoon (1 ml) ground ginger and salt and pepper to taste. Spread it on the inside of the meat, working it into all the nooks and crannies.
- Roll the meat into a cylindrical shape and tie with string so the roll will retain its shape during cooking.
- Roast for 1.5 to 2 hours, depending on the size, until the meat is tender all the way through.
This recipe is courtesy of Food24. To view it online, click here.