Almond Breeze Cream Cheese
- 6 cups Almond Breeze Almond Milk, Original
- ½ cup plus 4 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Salt to taste
1. Bring the milk to just under boiling point, if the milk is too hot it will kill the needed enzymes. 2. Gently pour over the lemon juice. 3. Let the mixture cool at room temperature. 4. Very gently transfer the mixture to a cheesecloth and hang to separate overnight. 5. The mixture should not be too dry, but if it looks like it split, blend in a food processor for 1 – 2 minutes. It will come together. Mix in seasoning to taste.
2. Gently pour over the lemon juice. 3. Let the mixture cool at room temperature. 4. Very gently transfer the mixture to a cheesecloth and hang to separate overnight. 5. The mixture should not be too dry, but if it looks like it split, blend in a food processor for 1 – 2 minutes. It will come together. Mix in seasoning to taste.
3. Let the mixture cool at room temperature.
4. Very gently transfer the mixture to a cheesecloth and hang to separate overnight.
The mixture should not be too dry, but if it looks like it split, blend in a food processor for 1 – 2 minutes. It will come together. Mix in seasoning to taste.
Dragon Fruit Cheese Cake Filling
- 125ml Almond Breeze Cream Cheese
- 1 x Vegan Crème Anglaise recipe
- Juice and pulp of ½ a dragon fruit
- 5 sheets gelatine
Vegan Crème Anglaise
- 2 medium sized ripe banana
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice Seeds from one vanilla bean
- 2 – 4 Tbsp Almond Breeze Almond Milk
- Mix all ingredients into a blender, and blend until smooth.
Cheese Cake Filling continued.
- Mix the cream cheese and the anglaise together.
- Soften the mix by adding the dragon fruit pulp little by little
- The mixture should almost be runny
- Bloom gelatine leaves and dissolve other a hot water bath until liquid.
- Make a pre-mix by adding a little of the filling mixture to the gelatine before adding it to the rest of the mixture.
- Pour mixture into prepared cylinder shapes.
- Set for several hours (preferably overnight) in the fridge to set.
Dragon Fruit “Skin”
- 150ml Berry Juice
- 2g Agar Agar
- Rolkem Cerise Lumo Colouring
1. Mix all the ingredients together and bring to a boil in a saucepan over medium heat. Whisk continuously. 2. Pour mixture onto a flat surface and lift surface so that the mixture runs to yield an even and thin layer. 3. Refrigerate for 10 minutes. 4. Cut into the desired shape and roll cream cheese filling onto it, so that the “skin” covers the cylinder fully. 5. The edges can be trimmed to neaten up the cylinder.
Use the same mixture from the above recipe.
1. Freeze 250ml of oil for 15 minutes. 2. Using a pipette, drop mixture into cold oil. 3. Strain out the caviar and wash in cold water before serving.
Cashew Butter Tea Biscuits
- 6 tbsp white rice flour
- 2 tbsp cashew butter
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Pinch of salt
1. Preheat the oven to 180˚C. 2. Blend all ingredients together in a food processor. If the mixture is too dry to form a dough, add a few drops of Almond Breeze Almond Milk. 3. Roll the dough out between two baking sheets 4. Rest dough in the fridge for 20 minutes. 5. Cut into the desired shape and bake for 9 minutes, or until golden brown.
Berry Coulis 100g frozen raspberries
- 50g castor sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
1. Bring ingredients to a simmer until the mixture has thickened slightly. 2. Blend mixture with a hand blender and strain through a sieve to yield a smooth and glossy coulis.
Almond Breeze Volume Ice Cream
- ¼ tsp pure vanilla extract Pinch of salt
- 1-2 tbsp castor sugar
- 1 cup Almond Breeze Almond Milk
1. Mix all the ingredients together and pour into shallow plastic containers. Freeze. 2. Once frozen, pop the ‘ice cubes’ out into a microwavable containers, and on the thaw setting, thaw for 30 seconds. 3. Blend all the ingredients in a blender (best to use a Smoothie Blender that can yield small ice crystals) 4. Serve immediately.
- 2 tbsp Isomalt sugar
- Rolkem Cerise Lumo Colouring
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200˚C 2. Using a mortal and pestle mix the colour with the sugar 3. Pour between 2 silicone baking sheets 4. Bake for 10 min 5. Let it cool completely before removing the top silicone sheet
Berry mixture used before.
1. Add a cup of water to the mixture. 2. Add a tsp of Soya Lecithin. 3. Using a hand blender, blend by holding it slightly at an angle, to incorporate more air. 4. Spoon over dessert.