Especially made by our Pretoria Campus Patisserie Chefs for National Milk Tart Day.
· 1 200g packet of ginger nut biscuits
· 50ml melted butter
Crush the biscuits and bind with the melted butter. Use to line a silver pie dish.
· 1 small (5cm) piece ginger sliced
· 2 cups full cream milk
· 1 tin condensed milk
· 15ml butter
· 2 large eggs
· 50g corn flour
· 20g flour
· Ground Cinnamon and ginger 5ml each to sprinkle
· 250ml cream whipped
· 100g crystalised ginger
1. Combine condensed milk, milk, ginger and butter.
2. Bring to the boil. Sieve.
3. In a separate bowl mix together the eggs and the 2 flours. Temper the mixture with 1 cup of the hot milk mixture. Add the rest of the milk mixture and bring back to the boil stirring constantly.
4. Pour into the prepared pie dish. Allow to cool. Pipe the whipped cream around the edge and decorate with slices of crystalised ginger.