Made by Our Sandton Campus Patisserie Chefs for National Milk Tart Day.
· 1 packet tennis biscuit, crushed, mixed with
· 75g or 80ml melted butter and
· Pressed into a 25cm diameter pie dish.
Ingredients for filling
· 1 pineapple – medium or can of crushed pineapple
· 1 packet pineapple jelly
· 15ml gelatine powder
· 1 can condensed milk
· 125ml cream
1. Peel and coarsely grate 1 pineapple,
2. Or a can of crushed pineapple drained.
3. Take the juice from the can and add water till 1 cup – 250ml.
4. Bring the pineapple and the water/juice to the boil and let it boil for about 5 minutes.
5. Take a packet of pineapple jelly and add 1 tbls (15ml) gelatine powder to it, then dissolve in 1 cup (250ml) boiling water,
6. Let it cool a little and add to the cooled pineapple.
7. Add 1 can of condensed milk and pour the mixture into the pie crust.
8. Let it set in the fridge.
9. Whisk 125ml (1/2 cup) cream to stiff peek and add a little icing sugar.
10. Pipe the cream onto the tart and sprinkle a bit of cinnamon sugar on the top.
11. Serve and