Chef Lisa Lizzio shares a magnificent Pistachio Truffle recipe in light of the upcoming festive season.
Enjoy with family on holidays, or just any time you have a major chocolate craving! Very simple and yet still looks wonderful and simply heavenly with its rich and soft texture. You can try using different types of chocolate and for a nice twist, dip them in a semi-sweet chocolate to create a hard shell outside the truffles.
Tweet us @capsicumcooking with photographs of your Pistachio Truffle and you could be featured on the Capsicum Blog during December 2013. To qualify to stand a chance to be featured on the blog, use the hashtag #CapsicumRecipeChallenge.
- 250 g cream
- 450 g dark couverture 49 %
- 50 g pistachio paste
- 30 g Kirsch Wasser
- Bring the cream to the boil, remove from the heat and add the pistachio paste.
- Pour the cream mixture over the couverture. Mix from the center until emulsified.
- Allow to cool to 35 – 40°C and add the Kirsch.
- Pour into a plastic container, cover with plastic and allow to crystallise for 2½ hours or until it can hold it’s shape.
- Agitate to mix the crystal structure evenly throughout the mixture.
- Place into a piping bag and pipe desired shape.
- Allow to crystallise overnight.
- Dip and roll into nuts.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes, excluding crystallisation, piping and rolling