In the spirit of a new year with fresh and new beginnings, we asked Chef Julietta e Silva, our Chef Training and Development Manager, to share a detox recipe.
Chef Julietta recommends this constructed salad recipe due to the dish being high in anti-oxidants, vitamins and minerals as well as being low fat.
- 2 avocados
- 2 ruby grapefruit
- 100g rocket and baby spinach leaves
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tin artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 baby beetroot, grated raw
- 100g pistachio, nuts toasted and chopped
- 50g pecorino or parmesan shavings
- 90ml olive oil
- 45ml lemon juice
- 15ml honey
- 5ml wholegrain mustard
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Peel the grapefruit with a sharp knife and remove the pith under the skin. Cut the grapefruit into segments.
- Halve the avocados, remove the pips and cut into slices.
- Prepare the salad dressing: Shake the ingredients in a bottle, or beat with a whisk until mixed.
- Toss the leaves in a little dressing then arrange the leaves on a plate or in a salad bowl.
- Arrange the grapefruit segments, avocado slices, onion slices and artichoke hearts on top then sprinkle with the beetroot, pistachio nuts and Parmesan shavings.
- Drizzle the remaining dressing on top and serve immediately.
Replace tin of artichokes with a tin of palm hearts and cut them into chunks.
Replace the beetroot with 1 apple, sliced and tossed in lemon juice.