What’s the best way to prepare your healthy recipe? Chef Riaan du Plessis from our Johannesburg says that putting it on the grill or the braai is the best and healthiest. Check out his delicious Tikka Style Fish Recipe:
- 2 tbsp. finely grated fresh root ginger
- 4 garlic cloves, finely grated or crushed
- 2 whole sea bream or red snapper/ or 6 fish steaks like tuna
- 6 tbsp. plain yoghurt
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. turmeric
- 2 tsp. mild chilli powder
- 3 tsp. cumin seeds
- Slash the skin of the whole fish, if using, on each side with a sharp knife. Mix the ginger and garlic, season with salt, then rub all over the fish.
- Mix the yoghurt with the oil, spices and seasoning.
- Use to coat the fish inside and out, and then chill until ready to cook.
- Cook straight on the grid for 6-8 minutes each side for the whole fish, or 3-4 minutes for the tuna steaks.
- Cooking time will depend on how hot your braai is when you start.
(Picture courtesy of www.bbcgoodfood.com)