Serve this supremely delicious chocolate cake with a rich chocolate sauce. These cakes are surprisingly easy to make, but tastes like you slaved away in the kitchen all day! Top the chocolate cake with a scoop of low-fat coffee ice cream and garnish with a chocolate-covered espresso bean, if desired.
[Image courtesy of www.delish.com]
- 500g Butter
- 8oz Dark chocolate (Couverture)
- 12oz Brown sugar
- 3oz cocoa
- 6 eggs, beaten
- Vanilla extract
- Melt chocolate and butter over a double boiler.
- Meanwhile, whisk together brown sugar, cocoa into eggs and vanilla extract.
- Add chocolate mixture to the brown sugar-cocoa mixture and mix till incorporated.
- Spray/butter then sugar 6-8 dariole moulds. Pour mixture ⅔ into moulds and bake at 135 degrees Celsius for 15 min.